So you have just bought a new flat, house or property to let or rent out in Gauteng accommodation, but it’s obvious that the place has seen better days? Before you start with the refurbishment it is wise to take a step back and consider the best way to go about this. Many landlords have embarked on extensive refurbishments of their rental properties only to realise that some of the work they have undertaken does actually not increase the amount of rent they are able to achieve.
Time is an important consideration in any refurbishment programme as you will generally not be able to let the property until the refurbishment is complete. A quick and effective refurbishment programme can help to increase the amount you are able to change tenants to rent from you while keeping the void period caused by the refurbishment to a minimum. Keeping it simple really pays off here. Firstly, consider doing the work that has the highest visual impact but is quick to complete, which is why they use properties, flats or houses to rent or let.
How do You Select the Best Flat, House or Property To Rent or Let in Gauteng Accomodation?
People say that real estate is a good investment, and it is. There are people who have survived the last decade doing business in the real estate. Some buy properties, renovate them and sell them at a higher value.
Another of the most common investments in the real estate realm is purchasing homes for rent. In fact, there are several investment firms with a growing number of rental properties. So the next time you see someone driving around the neighborhood and who seemed lost, do not be fooled. They are just home hunters, looking for a property to add in his homes for rent.
If you want to become a landlord, you should understand that there is more to having your property rented than just purchasing a home. It is vital that you do your research first before you buy [properties for rent. You have to identify the type of homes that are mostly in demand in your area. The following tips will help you:
5. Always consider the location. It should be accessible to some if not all key areas. For families, accessibility to schools, groceries and hospitals are important. Make sure that the neighborhood is safe as well. Check the crime rate and the quality of life in your prospected area.
More and more families are losing their homes. Although this is a sad reality, there are opportunities here. This means that many are looking for a house to rent. You can take advantage of this opportunity by purchasing a home to rent. However, you have to choose the property wisely for this investment to be successful.
How To Rent Furnished Properties - Do You Rent One?
If you are looking for a flat, apartment or house to rent, here are 10 top tips to help you prepare.
1. Use an estate agency. There are many advantages to this option, for example the agency will get the opportunity to match your specific property requirements to the properties they have listed in their database. They will have pre-inspected the property beforehand, to check that it is in good repair. Most of the safety details for all of their properties will have been checked by the agency, for instance; the gas safety certificate, land registry details and the identification documents of the landlord. It is likely that any money deposit you need to give to the landlord will be secured with the tenancy deposit scheme.
2. Search online property agency websites. There are hundreds of rooms, flats and houses to rent in all areas. Some websites specialise in listing rental property and others dedicate a few pages to them. Find those which are the most popular. If you intend to go to a viewing for a property found on a website, call the owner first and ask any questions about the property, always go to a viewing accompanied.
9. Get it in writing. Always ask about any security deposit needed and what it covers. Will money be deducted from the deposit if there is any damage to the property fixtures or fittings when you leave? What if damage is down to wear and tear? Get any decisions to questions not included in your tenancy agreement in writing. Good landlords or agents will take an inventory before you move in other property, this is a list of everything inside of the property including furniture, fixtures and fittings.
10. Financial matters. If you do find a suitable property, always ask how the agent or landlord wants the rent paid. Decide on the most convenient method of payment with the landlord and frequency of paying the rent. The best time to negotiate this is at the beginning of the tenancy.
How to Find a Property to Rent - 10 Tips on How to Prepare
If you want to rent your furnished property for the first time, you must know certain parameters. Before renting the property, you must consider the features that you would like in your renting apartment.
o the location of the property
o rental cost
o space requirements
o types of furnished furniture as per your choice
o dates of availability
Then you can search for the rented apartment with the help of classified ads in the local newspaper or you can search in the internet with the help of search engine.
You can also get hold of the letting companies and you will find apartments or flats as per your choice. You can get the apartments at your favorite location with the help of apartment locator. Then you can choose from the variety of options that is available. After selecting the property, you can fix an appointment to see the apartment or the flat. You can take a tour of few rental properties of your choice.
If you want to rent your property for short term than renting weekly is always helpful. This will make you flexible in taking decisions regarding the renting. If you are renting your furnished property on long-term, renting is not feasible. If you are not sure of the number of days, you are going to stay in that apartment than it is advisable not to go for long-term rent. Therefore, it is always advisable to take help of a professional letting company in selecting the apartment for rent. This will assure you a good quality furnished apartment at a reasonable price and at a convenient location.