So you have just bought a new flat, house or property to let or rent out in Fourways accommodation, but it’s obvious that the place has seen better days? Before you start with the refurbishment it is wise to take a step back and consider the best way to go about this. Many landlords have embarked on extensive refurbishments of their rental properties only to realise that some of the work they have undertaken does actually not increase the amount of rent they are able to achieve.
Time is an important consideration in any refurbishment programme as you will generally not be able to let the property until the refurbishment is complete. A quick and effective refurbishment programme can help to increase the amount you are able to change tenants to rent from you while keeping the void period caused by the refurbishment to a minimum. Keeping it simple really pays off here. Firstly, consider doing the work that has the highest visual impact but is quick to complete, which is why they use properties, flats or houses to rent or let.
How do You Select the Best Flat, House or Property To Rent or Let in Fourways Accomodation?
Finding a new house to rent is very exciting. But don't let the excitement about that nice new house allow you to slip up on the important things.
When you have found the perfect house to rent, make sure that it is through a reliable agent. You could also rent directly from the owner.
Renting directly from the owner could be a good thing, as it cuts out the commission that goes to the agent. You will also be able to contact the owner directly in the case of an emergency, without having to work through a middle man. (You never know when the geyser is going to burst!)
Be sure that you have read the lease agreement thoroughly before signing as it could include restrictions that you are not aware of. This could include anything from a restriction on pets and guests, to decorative restrictions.
Finally, remember to keep all written correspondence between you and your landlord. If your landlord promises any improvements to your house to rent, get it in writing!
Houses to Rent - Issues to Consider
If you are looking for a flat, apartment or house to rent, here are 10 top tips to help you prepare.
1. Use an estate agency. There are many advantages to this option, for example the agency will get the opportunity to match your specific property requirements to the properties they have listed in their database. They will have pre-inspected the property beforehand, to check that it is in good repair. Most of the safety details for all of their properties will have been checked by the agency, for instance; the gas safety certificate, land registry details and the identification documents of the landlord. It is likely that any money deposit you need to give to the landlord will be secured with the tenancy deposit scheme.
2. Search online property agency websites. There are hundreds of rooms, flats and houses to rent in all areas. Some websites specialise in listing rental property and others dedicate a few pages to them. Find those which are the most popular. If you intend to go to a viewing for a property found on a website, call the owner first and ask any questions about the property, always go to a viewing accompanied.
9. Get it in writing. Always ask about any security deposit needed and what it covers. Will money be deducted from the deposit if there is any damage to the property fixtures or fittings when you leave? What if damage is down to wear and tear? Get any decisions to questions not included in your tenancy agreement in writing. Good landlords or agents will take an inventory before you move in other property, this is a list of everything inside of the property including furniture, fixtures and fittings.
10. Financial matters. If you do find a suitable property, always ask how the agent or landlord wants the rent paid. Decide on the most convenient method of payment with the landlord and frequency of paying the rent. The best time to negotiate this is at the beginning of the tenancy.
Homes for Rent: Is Renting Your Home A Good Move?
People say that real estate is a good investment, and it is. There are people who have survived the last decade doing business in the real estate. Some buy properties, renovate them and sell them at a higher value.
Another of the most common investments in the real estate realm is purchasing homes for rent. In fact, there are several investment firms with a growing number of rental properties. So the next time you see someone driving around the neighborhood and who seemed lost, do not be fooled. They are just home hunters, looking for a property to add in his homes for rent.
If you want to become a landlord, you should understand that there is more to having your property rented than just purchasing a home. It is vital that you do your research first before you buy [properties for rent. You have to identify the type of homes that are mostly in demand in your area. The following tips will help you:
5. Always consider the location. It should be accessible to some if not all key areas. For families, accessibility to schools, groceries and hospitals are important. Make sure that the neighborhood is safe as well. Check the crime rate and the quality of life in your prospected area.
More and more families are losing their homes. Although this is a sad reality, there are opportunities here. This means that many are looking for a house to rent. You can take advantage of this opportunity by purchasing a home to rent. However, you have to choose the property wisely for this investment to be successful.